World Trip

Monday, June 27, 2005

Woops

I hadn't realised it had been a month since I'd updated the Blog; Big Woops!! First I'll show you what our current home looks like:

Anyway since last time I was on we spent about 1 1/2 weeks traveling down the coast to townsville aprox 500k stopping off at as many beaches and camp sites as possible along the way, which was great fun and we managed the amazing trick of seeing a cassowary bird, a large endangered beautiful creature, of course as I took a picture of it in the middle of the road in a rush all I got was a shot of tarmac, but we did see it I swear. In Townsville we were planning to stay for 2 months or so until we found work, having been there for 10 days I had managed to find work in a nightclub, complete with bikini clad barmaids, for minimum wage but Shiv could find nothing.

So following a phone call with Jen and Alli who we met in Laos, we decided to head all the way back up the coast to Port Douglas, in one 7 hour drive, a Plush seaside town like Howth or Dun Laoghaire, which is all very service industry based and has loads of casual work available. Or so we were told, Shiv got a job as a kitchen hand, "kitchen rat" as she calls it, doing food preparation and the like. And it took me a while and some depression to eventually find work in a really busy restaurant working behind a bar. So that's what we are at now. Working away like little ants, being bitten to bits on the camp site by anything that can bite. The camp site is really cool tho, its a backpackers with camping ground at the back so its always fun and games all the time.

I did make a good effort at permanently damaging myself last Monday, when I dived into the deep end of a pool, hit my head off the bottom splitting it open, breaking a tooth and damaging ligaments around my "C6-7" vertebrae leaving me with a very sore neck and unable to do anything physical for the next month or so, not to mention all the medical bills that came with.

As for other news, for those who haven't heard yet I managed to propose to Shiv on the 16th in the romantic setting of the back of the van, no stunning views and sunsets for me no-sir-ee. Pffft to all that.

Ok I think that's all, I added loads of photos up but I'm still ages behind I think the photos going up at the moment are still of Vietnam but you can view them all here:

Lots of love
Ger + Shiv

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home